Sunday 8 May 2011

Prince- The Hits/The B-Sides




I LOVE Prince <3 .. and actually I would go as far as to say he is my favourite artist. As I said on a previous post I've been going through the tracks on my old ipod. It's packed with Prince and Prince-related songs. I was reminded of how great some of his B-sides are. So I thought I would mention the album 'The Hits/The B-sides'.

It was released in 1993 as a 3-disc set. The first two discs are compiled of hits and fan favourites throughout 1977-1999. The 3rd is dedicated to the tracks from the b-sides of his single releases. And these b-sides are glorious. I believe there are a few tracks on this disc that are some of his best. So if you're a Prince fan, I would say you are missing out if you don't have it in your collection. As there is not really any other way of obtaining these tracks all on one cd. There are also four previously unreleased tracks included in the compilation (Pope,Pink Cashmere, Peach and Power Fantastic).

So here are some of my favourite Prince B-Sides:-
(I'm not the most computer 'savvy' girl ever, so be patient with me.. As soon as I figure out how to successfully post the proper audio files onto here, and find my copy of this album, I will do. For now I'll attach the audio via youtube.)

17 DAYS - (B-side of "When Doves Cry"/1984)




SHOCKADELICA - (B-side of "If I Was Your Girlfriend"/1987)




SHE'S ALWAYS IN MY HAIR - (B-side of "Raspberry Beret"/1985)



(Please note: the videos I've posted for Shockadelica and She's Always In My Hair, are extended versions. These tracks appear on The Hits/The B-sides as average length versions.)

Those are my absolute favourites from the B-sides disc, but it is filled with other fantastic tracks. Go get it!

Here is the back cover of the set, so you can see the tracklisting.





x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments on this eighties dancefloor :D